It is significant to utilize anchor text in order to improve search engine ranking. Anchor text is directly correlated with inbound links. When you leave comments to blogs or submit articles with links, use anchor text and not the URL only. It’s pretty hard to reach the top spot with competitive keyword because you will compete with a lot of companies while the less popular keywords or long tail keywords are easy to optimize if you will follow the tips below.
1. The anchor text should be mentioned in the title tag, meta description and meta keyword tags.
2. Make your domain name named after your anchor text or at least included.
3. The anchor text must be included in the first sentence of the website.
If you want to get high rankings, optimize all your web pages. For every web page, different meta tags and title must be used because some search engines tag this situation as errors.
For example you want to optimize a web page with the keyword “ecommerce SEO”. Here are the ways you need to follow.
1. Make sure to insert “ecommerce SEO” in the meta keyword and meta description tags of the website.
2. Ensure that the first sentence of the article stated “ecommerce SEO”.
3. The Universal Resource Locator must be like this: http//yourdomain.com/ecommerce-seo.html and not like this: http://www.yourdomain.com/copy.php?uid=0201. If you really aim for that specific keywords you can use ecommerce SEO itself as the domain name like this: http://www.ecommerce-seo.com.
4. The web page with the highest Google PageRank must have links going to the page you are optimizing using “ecommerce SEO” as anchor text.
5. Leave quality backlinks to websites related to your niche with “ecommerce SEO” as anchor text.
The mission to rank high in search engines using the target keywords or anchor text will not be difficult if you will follow the plain and simple tips above.